The Baron Rojo stopped by and tagged me yesterday with another meme. I haven’t done this one before, so good on him. If you’re feeling memey, have at it yourself and let me know.
1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
10 years ago at this time I was traveling to Arizona from Minnesota to attend a teacher job fair at the University of Arizona. At Christmas, I’d been told I’d be getting tenure, but on April 1st, my principal told me that because of low Spanish enrollment, they were letting me go. This had happened to the Spanish teacher that had had my job before; in a small high school, Spanish enrollment was cyclical. Scott and I had decided that winter on a 5-year plan to leave the bitterly cold winters of Minnesota far behind us. When I was suddenly going to be jobless come the end of the school year, we moved on that plan immediately, and I applied only to districts in Arizona and New Mexico.
2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today.
- Water flowers It rained (!) quite a bit last night; they’re probably good now
- Bring June her birthday gift
- Write up my goddesses and set up my Etsy shop
- Put sweater and skirt I’m returning in the mail
- Go to my friends’ band’s gig tonight
3. Snacks I enjoy:
popcorn, cookies, Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, cheddar cheese mini rice cakes
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire
- Buy Congress
- Pay off all our debts and that of my immediate family
- Go to all the inlay camps I could find
- Buy that Taylor guitar
- Endow scholarships
- Give lots of money to charities
- Buy a Smart Car
5. Places I have lived:
Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan (upper and lower), Nebraska, and Arizona