The Red Baron tagged me with this meme, knowing full well that I have never passed on a meme in my blogging life. I am constitutionally incapable of doing so. And so here I go, though I am hard-pressed to think of 8 things y’all don’t already know about me.
The rules are as follows:
each player lists 8 facts about themselves, the rules of the game appear before the facts do, the player ends by tagging 8 people, which means listing their names and then going to their blogs to tell them that they’ve been tagged, then going back and commenting on their lists.
- As a 5th-grade violin student who also took piano lessons, I transcribed songs I liked for violin and impressed my teacher enough that she let me play a solo pretty much every concert thereafter, usually a piece of my own “arrangement.” Being an unmotivated practicer of all instruments until my thirties, I pissed away any early promise I showed and was merely a support player in orchestra after the 7th grade.
- It took me at least a year after leaving teaching to stop being surprised when people called me by my first name instead of “Mrs. Cunningham.” Now the only people who call me Mrs. Cunningham are the checkers at Safeway.
- I cannot stand the smell of (while cooking) or taste of mushrooms or rutabagas. In fact, just writing that sentence made me gag. But I love green bean casserole. Who knows why these things happen?
- When I was a junior in high school, I sat behind Scott’s first cousin in Modern U.S. History 2 years before he and I ever met, and sat in on his history class during a campus visit 8 months before we met. ‘Twas fate.
- I love hand- and finger-puppets, and own several, including an Oscar the Grouch puppet I bought at lunch during a training trip to Akron. I displayed him, and my own lack of ventriloquist talent, after lunch to my trainees.
- I save all my used guitar strings, intending to use them for some crafty project some day. Once I figure out what that might be.
- I have recently taken up embroidery. It’s the only sewing I’ve ever done that doesn’t make me cuss…a lot.
- I own 6 guitars, which is probably 5 more guitars than a guitarist of my questionable caliber has any right to.
Who’s left to tag? Not 8 people I read, so I’ll do my best. I tag Nikki and Cactus the Goat and that slacker Jack who never blogs since he got himself a sweetie, and Ghost, when he deigns to come back from his vacation.